Friday, April 27, 2012

Chocolate Salted-Caramel Cupcakes

Will's sister-in-law hired me to bake cupcakes for a CAbi party she's throwing tomorrow afternoon, and she gave me free reign so I decided to try out a chocolate salted-caramel cupcake recipe that caught my eye a while back. I had one extra so I cut it in half to share with Will, but if he doesn't get home from work soon it might accidentally disappear. I've never made caramel before so I was worried I was going to mess it up, but it turned out to be quite delicious. A little tip for first time caramel makers...no matter how tempting it looks, don't dip your finger into the pot of boiling hot caramel to do a taste test. It will burn your finger, and then your tongue. I won't have any of these cupcakes left over to share, so until I make them again here is a step by step guide for how to make your own chocolate salted-caramel cupcakes :-)

step 1: bake delicious chocolate cupcakes

step 2: fill cupcakes w/ caramel
& a pinch of sea salt

step 3: top w/ dark chocolate frosting
& a pinch of sea salt

step 4: enjoy


No comments:

Post a Comment