Tuesday, April 10, 2012

nobody better lay a finger on my butterfinger...

Unless I smash them up and bake them in a devil's food cupcake! My brother-in-law, Justin, gave me the idea for a butterfinger cupcake last month and I decided today was a good day to give 'em a try. I made a devil's food cupcake and added chopped up butterfingers to the batter, then filled the cupcakes with fudge frosting, dipped them in chocolate ganache, and topped them with more crushed butterfingers. They are absolutely delicious, but I think the fudge filling overpowers the butterfinger flavor. Next time I think I'll either add butterfingers to the fudge filling, or bake them with a mini butterfinger in each cupcake. I'll be giving 1/2 a dozen away tonight at Boston's for the 3rd place trivia winners, the rest are up for grabs. Let me know if you want one. Unlike Bart Simpson, I know how to share :-)

fudge filled butterfinger
devil's food cupcakes

No comments:

Post a Comment