Sunday, April 8, 2012

Happy Easter

The Easter bunny has been hard at work this weekend in the Cupcake Me Away kitchen. She whipped up a delicious batch of chocolate chip cookie dough cupcakes! I got the recipe from my dear friend, Tara, and have been dying for an excuse to make them for the past few weeks. I was browsing Pinterest for some cute Easter cupcake ideas, but everything I found seemed a little over the top. While a cupcake topped in green coconut and a marshmallow peep looks super cute, I'm all about things that taste good. I decided to keep it simple with these chocolate chip cupcakes, filled with cookie dough, and topped with cookie dough frosting and a couple Cadbury mini eggs. Have you ever had a Cadbury mini egg? They are a revelation! It was all I had in me not to eat the whole bag the night before I baked. The recipe said it would yield 24 cupcakes, but I had enough batter left over to make 21 mini cupcakes too! If you're like me, and you eat more cookie dough than you bake...then this is the cupcake for you! 

chocolate chip cupcake
w/ cookie dough filling & cookie dough frosting

mini chocolate chip cookie dough cupcakes




No comments:

Post a Comment